Who We Are
Vince, Jen, and their 3 children live in the Roaring Fork Valley. Vince has worked as the Owner/Operator for Blazing Adventures for the past 5 years. Prior to that he worked as a river guide, trainer, and manager for the previous 12 years. Vince has also worked 15 seasons for the Snowmass Ski Patrol. Jen stays busy as the marketing manager for Blazing Adventures. But what really keeps her moving are the 3 kids!! If anyone knows the importance of planning an engaging, convenient, and fun experience for the family, Jen does! We often lean on her expertise to provide our guests with the ultimate family experience.
Our sales and reservation staff are the best in the business! They know our adventures inside and out because they live our adventures. Let them help you find the perfect activity for you and your group during your vacation to the Aspen Snowmass area.
LOCAL, Experienced Guides
We are the most experienced rafting outfitter in the Aspen Snowmass area. Blazing Adventures has been guiding rafting trips and land-based tours for over 45 years. Our local guides live and breath the outdoors. Their knowledge and safety record is unparalleled. Our 5 most experienced guides combine for over 100 years worth of guiding!!
Meet Our Team
In 1973, Blazing Adventures found it’s origin as Snowmass Whitewater and was started by Hunt Walker, who was the Recreation Director for the Snowmass Resort Association. Before the Town of Snowmass Village was even a town, Snowmass Whitewater was busy taking guests down the river!
In 1979, Bob and Laurie Harris acquired the business from the Snowmass Resort Association. The subsequent growth of Snowmass Whitewater paralleled the growth of Aspen and Snowmass Village as international destination resort communities.
Bob and Laurie Harris acquired Blazing Paddles, a rafting company that had it’s base in Aspen. With this acquisition, Bob and Laurie were able to expand their adventure offerings to both Aspen and Snowmass.
Blazing Adventures diversifies and is renamed in response to the community’s desire for more local adventure activities. Blazing begins to offer hiking, biking, and jeeping tours for those guests looking to continue the adventure on land.
Bob and Laurie decide its finally time to enjoy their own adventures and sell the company to the local boys from Incline Ski Shop. Two brothers, Tim and Dan McMahon, along with their winter partners Johnny Henschel and Dave Fond, take over Blazing Adventures and begin a 7 year run. What a run.
Longtime guide and manager, Vince Nichols, decides it’s time to turn his passion into his career and purchases Blazing Adventures from the “Incline Boys”. Along with his wife, Jen, and 3 kids, the Nichols family continues to build on the 48 year Blazing legacy…
We are stewards of the rivers and the land.
- From our most experienced guides to our office staff, each and every individual that works for Blazing Adventures has a passion for the outdoors in one form or another. Together, we help to educate our guests on how to preserve the playground that Mother Nature has provided for us.
- Our guides take part in an annual volunteer River Cleanup Day.
- Our guides are constantly keeping the river clear of debris that would be dangerous to recreational boaters and fisherman alike.
- We abide by the 7 principles of Leave No Trace.
Volunteer work and Philanthropy
- Our employees take great pride in volunteering for various charities and non-profits throughout the valley.
- Blazing Adventures is proud to give back to the community by donating to a number of these charities and non-profits. Below are just a few of the many that we partner with annually:
Families are our priorities. We realize families come in all shapes and sizes. We proudly consider our employees, past and present, as part of the “Blazing Family” and we graciously welcome our guests into our family as well.